Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

How do you know how much stuff you REALLY need?

This is a question that has been pondering me ever since DH & I decided to have a baby. There is so much stuff out there for babies now. Really...it's a wonder all of us turned out ok!! I'm already feeling the pressure to "buy" into the fact that we will actually need all of this stuff. Slings...swings....strollers....bassinettes....boppies....organic...not organic......it's enough to make your head spin. And there's the guilt that you feel if you don't buy it all......this is not going to be an easy process...

One thing I have checked into is the idea of cloth diapering. I'm all about helping the environment. I've started using reusable grocery bags from envirosax.com, and I feel like this is another way I can help do my part. Not to mention it's better for the baby...and can help prevent diaper rash, etc. By no means am I do researching this topic. I am amazed at how many choices there are for cloth diapers. Long gone are the days of diaper pins....now it's all about velcro and snappy's? Stil haven't figured those out yet...but there will be more on this topic later :)

No comments: