Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birth class and pics!

Dh & I had our first week of birth class last night. It was great! I have to admit I was a little nervous...not knowing what to expect....wanting to make a good impression....worried that the teacher would call on me and I wouldn't know the answer..that type of thing. We talked about the stages of labor...what to pack....when to come to the hospital, so we learned a lot. We got to watch the dvd that showed 2 births...but neither were that bad. I got a little teary eyed in the one video after the baby was born and the mom was holding her. I guess I started to identify with her...and was picturing myself in that situation. Only 8 more weeks and I will be :) I did find out that the hospital that we are delivering at does not provide pacifiers because it interferes with breastfeeding. I thought that was great! There's something I don't have to worry about now. I am set on breastfeeding...and am going to do everything I can to keep doing it as long as possible. I found it really encouraging knowing that we will be in a supportive environment when we deliver.

Anywhoo....here's some pictures I thought I'd share with ya.

This is her coming home outfit:


And a look at her closet now......

Thanks to my lovely sister for providing so many great clothes for her!! She's kind enough to let us use some of my nieces clothes :) Yay!! Thanks Jenni!!






No comments: