Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trying New Things


That's our motto for the week. Today we tried out the nursery at church. I was a little hesitant...but M helped encourage me by asking me if we were taking her there. It was great. I missed having her right beside us in church, but got so much out of the message today. She did great in the nursery...took a little nap and got to snuggle with Miss Hollie in the rocker. We'll be taking her there from now on...and will hopefully get to volunteer our time in there as well :)

The other new thing that we're tackling now that we're back from vacation is sleeping in the big crib. She's doing awesome. We went cold turkey on the Miracle Blanket which has been hard cuz she LOVED that thing! But we're working through it...and each night gets a little easier. We're letting her fuss/cry a little at naptimes so she can figure out how to get herself to sleep on her own, and she's doing beautifully at that as well. I'm definitely not getting as much sleep as I did when we were swaddling...but she was so ready to be done with that. Like I said, we're working through it and each day is getting better. We've also started a nightly routine with her so she knows what to expect each night. We're doing the rice cereal before bed, then a bath, a book and then to bed. We'll keep you posted on how it's going :)


No comments: