Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tummy time...

Eleanor's never liked tummy time. The only way we could get to her be on her tummy was to have her fall asleep on us when she was really little. We've tried doing mini sessions everyday...but they only last about 5 minutes because she starts screaming at me. Hence the reason why she has learned to roll the hard way first...from back to tummy. This week I am enforcing the hour tummy time rule. So here we are in day 2...and she's tolerating it...as long as she has her pacifier in her mouth. I figure as long as she's not upset, it's ok to do it as long as I can get her to do it. In the first few moments she'll hold herself up...but it's not long before she just kinda lays her head down. For a minute I thought she'd fall asleep today, but nope...she was just teasing me :)

Just like everything else we're trying new, this will eventually become part of her daily routine and she won't even realize it. I just feel bad that I've let it go this long. I'll keep you posted on how it's going :)

No comments: