Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finally....

We FINALLY got in for a dr.'s appt to get the H1N1 shot! Whoohoo!! I was on the phone for 3 minutes...and it kept ringing busy. The whole time I'm thinking...ok we're never going to get through...when suddenly it rang and a super chipper voice on the other end said "how about 9:30am next Tuesday." That sounds great. We've been trying to decide what to do...do we get it...do we not....and we've decided yes, she should get the shot. We are limited on the information we have about this vaccine, but we just have to do what we think is best for her and her health. If we didn't get it...and she got the flu, I'd be kicking myself for not getting the shot. This is one of those moments that is so hard as a parent...but like I said...you just do what you think is best at the time, and with what information you have. I also want to make sure we don't become to lax in the hand-washing department just because she's had the shot. But I think I'll feel a little better about being out in public once she's through the couple weeks it takes to infiltrate her system.

In other news....we're getting our Christmas tree tomorrow evening!! Whoohoo!! So I'll be posting pics of the fam in front of the tree. We always go to the local volunteer fire department to get our tree, so we'll be doing that again this year. Can't wait to get out all the old ornaments and put some new ones on this year :)

No comments: