Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

As you may already know....

I'm sure most of you have already seen that Layla is finally at home in heaven. She passed away this morning...and I can't stop thinking about her and her family. My heart aches for them. I can't imagine losing a child so young. I've added a little badge on the side of my blog.....it's called flowers for Layla. Another mommy blogger Mandy came up with this idea, and I thought I'd share it with all of you. We're going to plant flowers for her and for all the kids whose lives are cut short by cancer and other devastating illnesses. I'm going to get mine before the weekend, but many people are doing it on Saturday. If the weather isn't nice where you are...you can always plant one inside :) I know it's not much...but I'm sure it'll make me smile when I see it...and remind me of several children I knew through my days of working on the pediatric oncology unit in KC. So...if you're up for it...join me in planting flowers for Layla.

No comments: