Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 2, 2012

Oh my....

It's July. And I skipped ALL of June. Ooops. What can I say...I'm busy cooking a baby :) Lol. Heading into 33 weeks this week...and I can officially say...our baby will be born next month. Holy. Cow. Next month. That sounds really scary...and makes me want to start cleaning like a mad woman!! I think the nesting has started already. I made E help me organize all her craft/crayons/coloring books today. We got that all organized...and I'm just itching to get into our hall closet and start throwing away all sorts of stuff. It's amazing how much you accumulate over the years. The more I realize it...the better. I try to go through old clothes each season and toss out...and I think I do a pretty good job of managing that. The problem I have is the clutter monster. Things just pile up in different places. The mail pile is my nemesis. We really need a better system of organizing the mail...and I feel like I need to get something in place before baby boy gets here....and all heck breaks loose!!

I'm into my second month of planning a whole month's menu in advance...and I have to say...I love it. It helps to plan stuff way ahead of time...and I know it's going to help once the baby is here. Oh that reminds me...I should probably start working on August's menu right now...while I still have my wits about me :) I just make a list of all the ingredients I will need for that month...and highlight which ones I need to get each week. I wish I could do all my grocery shopping in one big trip for the month...but that's just insane. I like fresh produce..and I just have to do it once a week. I'm trying to get our food budget down too....because it's...quite frankly....ridiculous how much we spend on food each month. It's not like we're buying junk...cuz junk food is cheap...we're buying fresh organic produce from Whole Foods...and that adds up fast. The nice thing about summer is the local farmers markets...so we'll be taking advantage of that :)

Anywhoo....feeling good overall...just hot hot hot all the time. As soon as I step outside I start swearing...err...sweating...and it doesn't stop until I get back home. E enjoyed her 2 weeks of entry level swimming lessons...and so did I!! I got to be in the water with her...so that was a great way to cool off for a couple weeks. The instructor would have us sit on the side and stick our feet in to get used to the cooler water temperature...but inside I was just like..."let me jump in already!!" Lol. We went ahead and got a family membership to the pool so E & I will be going again this week to practice everything she learned :)

Not much else going on for us....just taking it day by day. Everything is looking good with baby boy...and he's growing like a weed in there. He is breech...so that explains why i feel kicks down my legs instead of rib kicks...and I doubt he'll get himself turned around the right way. Since we're having a scheduled c-section it doesn't really matter...except they'll probably pull him out feet first :) I'm glad our dr. has to do that and not me :)

No comments: