Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Yes...I'm alive :)

He's here!! And he's almost a month old already!! Wow...time sure does get away from ya now doesn't it? He arrived safely on our scheduled c-section day..August 17th at 8:03 am. He was a big guy...weighing in at an impressive 9lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long!! We were floored he was that big!! Had no idea...and we were all guessing around the 8 pound mark....so he had us fooled :)

Transitioning to life with 2 is going well so far. It helped that we had Grammie C with us for a whole month. It's only been a few days without her...and it feels like forever since she was here. Come back Grammie!! Ellie is in love with her brother and is such a big helper. We haven't seen any signs of jealousy or anything so far...so that's good. She just really wants to help with everything...and right now I can use the help :)

His delivery was much better than Ellie's. I was really afraid of freaking out in the OR...but I kept focusing on my breathing and that's what got me through. The spinal block was really weird...and I felt really yucky for a good 5 minutes after they put it in...but then that went away and I tried to just focus on the end result. The dr did put up a mirror so I could see them pull him out and it was amazing...the best part of all of it. As soon as everyone saw his head they were all saying...wow...that's a big baby!! Lol..guess they were right :) Recovery from the c-section this time is going well...I was up and moving around that night..and have only had to take ibuprofen for the pain. Recovering at home is much better this time too...thank goodness.

Here's some pics I took of him when he was 7 days old...


As you can see...she's a very proud big sister!!!
I can't wait to post info next week on his 1 month checkup...fingers crossed he's gaining weight well. Nursing is going along splendidly...and he's a hearty eater. Sometimes I feel like I can't fill him up....and I'm guessing I better just get used to that fact...it's preparing me for the pre-teen/teenage years :)

No comments: