Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

She's a Walkin'

Yup....I'd say it's official now. She's definitely walking. Yesterday she was taking like 10 steps by herself...so I think that qualifies :) My baby is walking.....sigh.......sigh some more. What happened to that tiny little person I first met almost a year ago. The little girl that stole my heart when we first saw her on the ultrasound. M & I have been flipping through old pictures and video and we both are like..."Would you look at how little she was!"....and "Oh my gosh....look at how little her hands were!".....and how we thought each month she looked bigger. That part is probably true...but it's amazing how quickly you forget.

Believe it or not...a year ago at this time...I was watching 3 other little munchkins...when I was 38 weeks pregnant...my nephew and nieces. I remembered a funny story the other day about when they were here. I took them to a local park...and it was during school hours...so a couple other moms that didn't have school age kids were there. Immediately one started questioning my nephew about why he wasn't in school...and gave me a disapproving look. He politely explained that they were on vacation....which then softened her a little. The other mom was chatting with me...and the whole time I kept thinking...I wonder if she realizes I'm 38 weeks pregnant. WHAT??? Hahahahaha.....OF COURSE she did...hahaha....I guess we're you're in the "first" pregnancy mode you're a little self-centered...like no one else has ever been pregnant before. And by judging from the photos I've seen of myself....I'm pretty sure even the blind new I was pregnant. I WAS HUGE!! LOL.....oooohhh...funny funny!! Amazing how your perspective changes. Here's a couple fun pictures from this time last year :)


















No comments: