Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Things I'm learning....

1) Riding in the backseat of our car next to Eleanor for 5 hours is not always as pleasurable as I previously thought
2) Steamy, stinky dog breath is not my favorite scent
3) It's time we get a bigger vehicle!

These were all learned on our way back from NC this past weekend. Granted...5 hours in the car for anyone is not always fun...and certainly wasn't for Eleanor or anyone else. I tried my best to entertain her, by making silly faces, tickling her, making even more ridiculous faces AND sounds...nothing worked. She was miserable and so was I. I reached my breaking point...and was ready to pull out my hair. I realized that it's ok to have these moments. I wasn't my most patient with her, but we all have less than perfect days of parenting..and this was one of them. I'm convinced that had we been traveling in a much larger vehicle, ALL of this could have been avoided....but we're not there yet :)

No comments: