Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This should be called 12 days of Toddlerisms....

Whew...I almost forgot to blog! Good thing I remembered :)
So today was a doozy of a day. I definitely have an almost 2 year old on my hands. Each day passes and I think to myself...what in the world happened to my sweet little baby? It's like her body has been taken over. Don't get me wrong...we have our good days...but it seems like they are fewer.

Today was a good example. Constant whining...not really needing anything...just wanted to whine. Which drives me up the wall. I can't listen to that all.day.long. What parent can I ask? So I got us out of the house...in hopes that would help. Well...it just led to a couple unfortunate events at Target. I just needed to get a few things. Christmas bags...and Christmas candy. I let her hold a tube of M&M's...and told her not to open them. She said "ok". So we're good. Right? Wrong. We're in the checkout lane...and I'm sort of spacing out...waiting for the million people in front of me to get through...when all of a sudden I hear a "sssssshhhhhhhhhhpppppp" sound...and see M&M's flying everywhere. She popped the lid off. Good grief...as we pulled the cart forward I heard nothing but crunching under my feet. Thanks for that Ellie. We've made a total scene...and the whole time she's saying..."Uh oh"...."Uh oh". I'm exhausted just typing it. It was a long day. And to top it off...she yelled "No" to the nice lady in line behind us. For no.Good.Reason. Poor lady...I looked at her...apologized and said..."Can you tell we're closing in on 2?" I hope she understood. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to take this child out in public...a lot less humiliating to deal with these tantrums at home.

Oh well....tomorrow will be better. I hope :)

Here's a pic of her from a year ago...back when she was all sweet and innocent. And when we got hammered with snow :)


No comments: